New profile posts

We finally got our backyard fenced in! Chloe's loving it, and I'm feeling great not having to worry about her running away!
Hey, haven't seen you around in a while... How a Chewie. Has the move gone well?
Very awkward. I may not get a border collie.. Spent 2 years researching them.. Now i may get an Australian Shepherd... Found some 6 weeks.
Reactions: running_dog
running_dog
running_dog
Aussies and BC's are quite different from each other so you need to be sure! But I wanted a GSD for years then suddenly switched to lurchers, got one and have never regretted it.
SillyBorderCollie
SillyBorderCollie
Yeah. I decided that i should get a SLIGHTLY less energetic dog, and most people think that it's a good choice.

I am going to pick up my new Aussie next week! She is tricolor and she has a naturally bobbed tail (No tail docking! :D)
Mostly working on recall and reinforcing steady with sheep... the sheep are back grazing on the footpath at last and Zac is doing great :-)
Sorry I'm being quiet, I've been taking my niece to a sailing course for a few days and I am too tired to type by the time I get back!
running_dog
running_dog
It's just if there is any element of wanting to asses the approaching dog Missy will be uneasy about giving you long eye contact away from it. I think that's why "look at me" didn't work well with Zac.

I think you would both enjoy a good training class if you can find one :-)
southerngirl
southerngirl
Yeah I can see Missy having a very hard time looking at me knowing there is a dog passing beside her. I guess that's why luring her past dogs hasn't worked that well. She wants to look at the dog, to interact with them.

I've found a couple classes I'm interested in and are positive for reactive dogs.
running_dog
running_dog
The difference in Zac with "look at that" is remarkable. He didn't even really want to look away from me for a running dog yesterday. Now if I'd have been asking him to "look at me"... LOL, not a hope!

I wish I'd explored the idea years ago when Tigerlily mentioned it had helped Buddy.
Veronica MAY be getting close to opening the refrigerator. Poor thing thinks she's a wilting daisy that couldn't possibly pull hard enough