Hi Just Joined

MaryK

Honored Member
I have just joined this forum because I just adore training my boys Zeus a venerable Blue Heeler aged 11 years and more into the passive 'audience' role than performing:) . He loves watching me train my youngster, a rescue kid who was born wild in the Moorook area of South Australia. His name is Ra Kismet, Ra because he brought sunshine into my life when Zeus' sister my beloved Tiger Lily crossed the Bridge much too soon and Kismet because it was fate which brought us together.
His nick name though is Rakins and sometimes LOL The Fluffy Croc, when he gets a bit too enthusiastic over life and wants to play rough - I don't allow that though as it can get a tad too painful for me anyway:)

So far Ra has learned to walk on his hind legs forward, backwards and around. Cannot really claim too much on my part as he did this quite naturally. Since then we know roll over and shake, working on shy, which had his vet convulsed with laughter as Rakins isn't the least shy at all. Was looking for a way to teach him this, as he's half got the trick but just needs a little more help - well I did. He learns like lightening and is so smart.

His breed, I will post a photo soon and see what everyone thinks he may be because I was told he was a single cross Belgian Shepherd which maybe correct but what the other half is, is anyone guess. So far - Burmese Mountain Dog, did look right when a pup but don't feel he's quite big enough, Retriever, he ADORES water and does have the right ears, tail and hind leg feathers. Border Collie is another suggestion but LOL his vet says he's 'too pretty' but the energy level sure is there.

Ra also love playing soccer and can 'bend it like Beckham'. He spends literally hours racing around with his soccer ball, and then when he needs to cool down has converted my once lovely water feature into his own private plunge pool.

And if you think Zeus gets forgotten, he doesn't just that he's a well behaved, dapper dan doggy who prefer to sit back and watch (as he did with his sister who adored tricks and agility). Zeus 'big tricks' are 'speak to me' which he does with great Heeler enthusiasim and High Fives.

I could go on and on about the boys but I think everyone will realize that my boys are so special and yes, they live with cats, one of whom is not always enthused by a lively puppy.
Just found a puppy photo of Ra Kismet which is small enough to upload, will upload other photos when I find time to resize them. He was 10 weeks old when this photo was taken and still looks just as cute at 2y.o.;)

Attachments

Dogster

Honored Member
WELCOME!!!!!:D Your pup is ADORABLE!!!!!:love: They both sound like quite the little characters, eh???:) They sound really smart!!! If you need any trick ideas, this is the place to ask!!!!!:D We would LOVE to see more pics soon!!!!;) I'm sure you'll fit right in with the rest of us on this site!!!! Welcome again, train positive, and HAVE FUN!!!!:D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WELCOME!! loved the passion you most obviously have for your dogs!!

How old is the younger pup RaKismet?? GOOD ON YOU for rescuing him!
Feel free to post most photos, that one didn't show up too big for me, anyway! Post away!:ROFLMAO: We all love dog photos here!:D

only line of yours i take exception to:
//"Border Collie is another suggestion but LOL his vet says he's 'too pretty' but the energy level sure is there."//

as i happen to think border collies are GORGEOUS!!;) and it's a rare puppy who is NOT energetic!
I also generally think ALL dogs, ALL of 'em, are cute or pretty or gorgeous or otherwise visually attractive in some way, or charming, i guess i just like DOGS!

Hope to see you and your beloved dogs around a lot!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Wow what a wonderful welcome huge thank you to everyone and all of your wonderful doggies:) Yes Dogster they are both adorable, quite different personalities, Zeus is the laided back chilled "dude" most of the time, except when he decides to 'chat' by Heeler standards though he's easy to calm down when he gets a bit frentic. Ra Kismet is now two and a half years old (was around 10 weeks when rescued) and STILL thinks he's a puppy. LOL his tail never stops wagging, so he sure laughs a lot, hardest part of him to groom too because of it's perpetual momentum. Love the photos of your doggy adorable.

Tiger Lily, will post bigger photos, just have to re-size then as they are a bit too big. Did wonder if that one was a bit small:(

I too adore Border Collies, the ONLY time I didn't agree with his vet Xander, who sadly has gone to Scotland and LOL would have taken Ra Kismet with him but knew I wouldn't agree of course. Both boys adore the vet, I always make it a 'fun time' for them. Even during the awful time with my adored Tiger Lily I kept 'upbeat' as best I could as I firmly believe if we make going to the vet fun, a social time, the dogs don't stress. LOL Ra Kismet nearly had the glass window alongside the door down last visit he was in such a hurry to get inside and he always shows off his latest tricks to anyone willing to watch.

Thank you Jean, feels good to know I have somewhere to ask questions re dogs.

Zeus has Cushings, you may like to read his story of how he's dealing with the dis-ease. Plus there are some photos of the two boys:). I am NOT promoting the vets, but think that maybe you will enjoy a happy read about a dog suffering from Cushings dis-ease.
http://www.fourpawsvets.com.au/Zeus-Greek-god-beats-CUSHINGS-pg17414.html

O.K. off to re-size some photos of the boys.