Fall Tricks

Dogster

Honored Member
Dogcrazy and I are planning a Halloween video. (Oooops!! Spoiler alert!!!:oops::p) We're gonna teach the dogs trick-or-treating (holding a halloween basket while someone puts candy in it, carrying a basket) It requires a lot of self- control and practice, but I think we can do it.:)

You can just make the tricks Halloween/Fall- themed. For example, having the dog pick up halloween toys/decorations as opposed to their toys. You can also teach them to jump over piles of leaves.:p

MaryK

Honored Member
It's Spring here!!!!!!!!! What about Spring tricks??? Any suggestions?? maybe please do NOT trample on the new plants, chase the birds, ooh not tricks per se. Need help!
Could always learn some in advance for Halloween over here! Would take that long to teach Ra Kismet to first, carry something in his mouth, secondly NOT to eat the candy treats. Which is all he likes so far to put in his mouth! :rolleyes::D

MaryK

Honored Member
Wouldn't I love to, miss a 'real' Fall, snow in Winter so much! LOVED the vid.:ROFLMAO: Somewhere, unknown to me, I do have distant relations in Canada, where I've no idea!

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Oh, that reminded me of a naughty 'trick' Makena did last year :ROFLMAO:, hope she doesn't repeat it this Halloween. Last year for our Nosework class near Halloween (we'll have class ON Halloween this year), we walked into the training room, and there were ~ 30 little plastic pumpkins on the floor (the kind kids use to collect candy in), all over the place. And you guessed it, a hide was in one of them. We as adult humans loved it - and to the dogs, it was just stuff that just all looked alike. But - when it came to Makena's turn to search, she found the pumpkin, "alerted", and just as I went in to reward her, she grabbed the pumpkin by the handle and started running around the room with it. :LOL: Of course, the more she trotted, the more people laughed ... and the more they laughed, the more she ran around. :ROFLMAO: Yep, my class clown!! She did it not just once, but twice - and I just dared her to do it a third time (and I threatened people if they dared to laugh!!:D). :LOL: I was about ready to give her detention!!!

What's funny - how long do you think it would have taken me to actually train her to 'hold' that pumpkin and trot around with it? And yet, give the girl an audience and off she went.... Show off!!!! :ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Diva Makena adding to the Halloween fun! She's just taught you a new trick Jackie, and should be rewarded, honestly a girl teaches you a new trick makes the audience laugh, and you're not happy! Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

SD&B

Experienced Member
Dogcrazy and I are planning a Halloween video. (Oooops!! Spoiler alert!!!:oops::p) We're gonna teach the dogs trick-or-treating (holding a halloween basket while someone puts candy in it, carrying a basket) It requires a lot of self- control and practice, but I think we can do it.:)

You can just make the tricks Halloween/Fall- themed. For example, having the dog pick up halloween toys/decorations as opposed to their toys. You can also teach them to jump over piles of leaves.:p
Love it. Can't wait to see it.

My first inclination after reading the post was to teach a dog to trick or treat. Sundog has been carrying a basket for me, so it wouldn't be much to carry a small halloween pumpkin for treats.

southerngirl

Honored Member

Can't wait to see it. I might do this to because I've been working on Egg hunting for Easter so this relates to it.

SD&B

Experienced Member

Come to Canada! Fall is the best here :ROFLMAO:
You could teach the dog some tricks inspired by some of these dance moves. Have a little dog sled he could stand at? Can he pat the tap for the maple syrup? Cross country ski (alternate back feet to the rear?) Carry the Cup on his back? Wear a maple leaf hat? Catch the glove for the glove save? Push a curling stone with his nose? Eat some poutine? You could do a Canadian Fall video.

Dogster

Honored Member
You could teach the dog some tricks inspired by some of these dance moves. Have a little dog sled he could stand at? Can he pat the tap for the maple syrup? Cross country ski (alternate back feet to the rear?) Carry the Cup on his back? Wear a maple leaf hat? Catch the glove for the glove save? Push a curling stone with his nose? Eat some poutine? You could do a Canadian Fall video.
True!! Hmm....:sneaky::D
But I wouldn't want Shivon eating poutine.... It's basically a Canadian heart attack...yum...